Know how to pack a suitcase can make all the difference in an organized trip. No matter if you are traveling alone or with your family, thinking ahead to keep your belongings organized just makes good sense. Check out my tips for how to pack a suitcase with a strategy that will keep your hotel room from falling into total chaos:
1. Tag each suitcase. Make sure every suitcase has an identification tag. Not only is this needed for air travel, it is helpful for the hotel staff to track your luggage when using their services. It also makes it easy for kids with matching suitcases identify which one is theirs.
2. Give everyone their own toiletries kit. Designate and label a personal toiletries kit for each family member. It will allow them the independence to use it when needed and store it when not, keeping the bathroom counter clear of clutter. Include things like curling or flat iron storage solutions that will let you put them away safely regardless of temperature and invest in travel size items of all kinds so everyone can have their very own set.
3. Pack trash bags for soiled laundry. Help your kids manage what’s clean and dirty by including a trash bag for them to place soiled garments in daily. By the end of the trip, you should have no trouble identifying what is dirty or clean and it will help contain the problem of clothes thrown all over the room.
4. Use a jewelry roll. Its the best tool out there for keeping your jewelry organized and stored safely, tangle free and out of the way. You can store it in your suitcase or the hotel room safe. Either way, it helps make getting dressed for a professional event with your entire family near by a breeze when it comes to accessories.
5. Give each family member an activity bag. Give each of your children and adult one reusable grocery size bag to stock with their favorite travel items. For kids think books, coloring supplies, IPods, and school work that may need to be completed. For adults, think cameras, reading materials, laptops if you must, and anything else you might need during your down time. This bag systems doubles for both car and hotel room organization, telling everyone where they can find what they need and making it easy to put away when they are done.
I hope these tips help you make more streamlined choices when it comes to your next trip and tell me….
What are your best tips for how to pack a suitcase and keep your hotel room from being a bomb?
Thanks so much for stopping by ~ we’ll see you next time!
©2013 GO MOM! Inc. All rights reserved. To repost or publish, please email Molly.