Summer is a fantastic time to tackle your demons and organize your home. While lazy days at the pool keep you calm, a well organized home opens a world of opportunity for you to spend your days truly living your life instead of trying to dig out of its chaos. However one challenge many of us face is not knowing how to maximize our space and use product solutions that will truly work.
Recently, I connected with the folks at The Stow Company to share organization insights with some of social media’s brightest Moms. I love their holistic approach to what works and after meeting their design team last fall, I know that they’ve got the science behind the solution to make sure your home really works with your family.
On how to maximize our space, here are a few Stow Company recommendations:
- When deciding how to organize your possessions, consider what you need immediately, occasionally, or rarely. Create organized zones to capture those items accordingly. For example, you may need writing tools and a note pad right next to the family phone, cookbooks within reach and stored in the kitchen itself, and seasonal party ware stored in the attic or basement in a designated holiday area making it easy to rotate when you need it.
- When deciding how to organize your high traffic areas, consider how your family naturally navigates your home. If you only use the front door and everyone dumps their stuff on the dining room table, intervene and give them a dumping ground with structure including easy hooks and stylish storage in the foyer area. If you don’t have a kitchen desk and paper piles high on the counters, take a second look at your cabinet space to create a kitchen communication station you can all enjoy.
On product solutions that will truly work, The Stow Company offers organizing systems for every budget and stage of life:
- ORG brand is all about full-service dealers and design where your solutions are carefully installed and personalized for each homeowner’s needs.
- EasyClosets.com offers custom cut closet and storage systems that are easy to design, order on-line, and best of all easy to install.
- Easy Track offers closet organizing kits sold through select retail stores and home centers throughout the country. The easy-to-assemble features make it simple to get your closet organized in just one afternoon.
Clearly our theories about how to handle space are in synch so you can see why I love the many solutions The Stow Company offers. If you are tackling a home organization project or two this summer, tell me what kinds of products are you planning to use?
Disclosure: I was retained by The Stow Company to consult on special events surrounding TypeAParent Conference in June, 2011. As part of that project, I was compensated for this post.