This is week 2 of how to get organized in December for the New Year ahead. When you are busy thinking about all the things you want to plan for in the new year, just like the holidays, it all starts with a budget. After you’ve got your calendar mapped out and color coded and you have a general road map of where your life may already be committed, now we need to put the nuts and bolts on about how you are going to get there.
In our DIY GO MOM! Planner we’ve got 3 tools that really are the foundation for how you are going to get there.
1. A Budget: Whether you use our form or an online service of some kind, a budget is as much a road map about how you are going to get there as the calendar is telling you where you need to be. So take time now, while you are dealing with all your holiday budget issues, take time now to set your compass for the new year with a budget in place when you arrive to that very first day of the year. You want to show up ready with game on to say I am in control of my money. My money is not in control of me.
2. Track Expenses: Organized Expenses is the only way you are going to know where that money is going so that you can tell it where its supposed to go. Keep this sheet in a handy location and simply enter them in at the end of each day ~ easy and done!
3. Save on Groceries: One of the most obvious places for every Mom is managing your grocery bill. We’ve got a great Grocery Planner for you designed to help you keep track of all the things you need to buy and any coupons too. the real goal here is to challenge yourself in 2012 that as you are saving money on your grocery bill every week by using a list and coupons, that you whatever your savings is, you write a c heck to your savings account for that saved amount. How awesome would that be? Can you say vacation!
This week your challenge is to go ahead and get organized for next year NOW starting with finance. I’ll look forward to seeing you next week with our 3rd of 4 tips on how to get organized in December. Do you have a budget already in place?
This post is part 2 of a 4 part series that references key resources and tools found in our very own DIY GO MOM! Planner. We invite you to check it out as you consider what planner works best for you. To make it easy to try, we are GIVING ONE AWAY!!!!
How can you enter?
1. Leave a comment letting us know your current planner and why it doesn’t work for you. All entries must include your correct email address in the event that you are selected.
2. Tweet “I’m Getting Organized for the New Year with @MyGOMOM and the DIY GO MOM! Planner”
3. Post back here with a link validating your tweet.
Contest runs Wednesday December 7, 2011 to Tuesday December 13, 2011. Winner will be drawn automatically by “And the Winner Is” and notified within 48 hours. GOOD LUCK!!!