Today I’m happy to bring you the first installment in a 4 part series about how to get organized for the New Year in December. And quite simply, it all begins with your planner. We’ve got a link here to a previous post about how to choose the right planner for you. Here are three tips about the most important part of that planner which is the calendar.
1. Start with a month at a view. Before you get through the week, sit down with all your calendars from the kids school, work and personal and fill out 12 months of dates that you know are already committed in one way or another. That’s your road map right there, telling you when you have time for vacation, time for extra days, time to make sure you don’t lose any vacation days which really is a sin in my book.
2. Use a weekly or daily calendar. That is where the additional details go so it doesn’t necessarily need to be filled out for the entire 12 months. However you can certainly work ahead and complete these for the next 4 to 8 weeks as a great way to get started.
3. Color code. You had to know! I keep my markers close by with every single color you can imagine. When you color code both your monthly and weekly planner, it will keep you on track and give you a mental clue just even when you look at it giving you an association about what’s happening when and who it includes.
These are your first tips for week 1 of how to get organized for the New Year in December. I look forward to seeing you next time and please let me know, what kinds of things are you doing to get organized for January now?
This post is part of a 4 part series that references key resources and tools found in our very own DIY GO MOM! Planner. We invite you to check it out as you consider what planner works best for you. To make it easy to try, we are GIVING ONE AWAY!!!!
How can you enter?
1. Leave a comment letting us know your current planner and why it doesn’t work for you. All entries must include your correct email address in the event that you are selected.
2. Tweet “I’m Getting Organized for the New Year with @MyGOMOM and the DIY GO MOM! Planner”
3. Post back here with a link validating your tweet.
Contest runs Wednesday November 30 to Tuesday December 6. Winner will be drawn automatically by “And the Winner Is” and notified within 48 hours. GOOD LUCK!!!