If you’ve somehow avoided thinking about how to get organized for 2013 up until now, this is the week to get your organized game on and get started. You’ve got less than 6 days to ponder what an organized New Year might look like and hopefully you’ve followed our 4 part series “How to Get Organized for 2013.” By now I’m hoping you’ve got your 2013-2014 planner all set , your new budget is all set, and you’ve scheduled projects so you can protect necessary time to actually get the job done. I know its hard work, especially in December, but you’ll never regret having invested the time for such a solid foundation.
Which leads you to the final step for How to Get Organized for 2013 ~ creating your very own Household Notebook. A wonderful tool for the entire family so they all know exactly where they can find key pieces of information, there are three key areas a Household Notebook will help you hit a home run and why you simply can’t tackle 2013 without one.
1. Dinner Mom: Keep a list of your weekly menu and when someone says “Mom! What’s for dinner?” You can point them to the book. You can also move into Plan B by having your Take Out reference right there so you can go ahead and call in take out if you need to mix it up.
2. Team Mom: Think sports, piano, you name it, and alongside you can have any room parent, team mom, car poll helper, just any volunteer role you might need to do. It will be right there for both you and your child so that they can see how you are also involved in what they are doing.
3. Home Answers Mom: Think vehicle information, updates on medical records, and in fact even information on your family pet. These are all key pieces of information that could come up at some time that someone else may need to reference.
Making a Household Notebook is a great way to start your 2013 off on the most organized foot I know how. It starts with your calendar, moves into your budget, moves into projects that will take more time, and then finally wraps up with an overall snapshot of all the key places that you want to be recording information that could be needed at any given time. Our GO MOM! DIY Planner will set your compass for a wonderfully organized year ahead. And you know what we always say, we are all about living a life generally well organized and exceptionally well loved.
Tell me ~ what are you doing to start off 2013 organized right now in December?
This post is part of a 4 Part Series that references key resources and tools found in our very own DIY GO MOM! Planner. If you love a personalized DIY solution, you’ll love our planner ~ check out our DIY Planner Pinterest Board and you’ll find out why! To make it easy to try, we are so excited to host a GIVEAWAY!!!!
How can you enter?
1. Leave a comment letting us know how you use a Household Notebook at home. All entries must include your correct email address in the event that you are selected.
2. Tweet “I’m Getting Organized for 2013 with @MyGOMOM and the DIY GO MOM! Planner!”
3. Post back here with a link validating your tweet.
Contest runs Wednesday December 26 to Monday December 31, 2012. Winner will be drawn automatically by “And the Winner Is” and notified within 48 hours. GOOD LUCK!!!
©2013 GO MOM! Inc. All rights reserved. To repost or publish, please email Molly.