This is week four of our series of how to get you organized for the next year right now in December. The new year is quite close and while you have worked on your calendar, you’ve worked on your budget, and you’ve scheduled projects accounting for blocks of time you know you are giving away. The final step for you to have an organized New Year before we even get to day 1 is to create a Household Notebook. Its a great tool for the entire family so that they all know exactly where they can find key pieces of information.
Three areas that I want you to consider about a Household Notebook and why you need one.
1. Road map for dinner: Keep a list of your weekly menu and when someone says “Mom! What’s for dinner?” You can point them to the book. You can also move into Plan B by having your Take Out reference right there so you can go ahead and call in take out if you need to mix it up.
2. Kids Activities: Think sports, piano, you name it, and alongside you can have any room parent, team mom, car poll helper, just any volunteer role you might need to do. It will be right there for both you and your child so that they can see how you are also involved in what they are doing.
3. General Household Information: Think vehicle information, updates on medical records, and in fact even information on your family pet. These are all key pieces of information that could come up at some time that someone else may need to reference.
Making a Household Notebook is a great way to start your 2012 off on the most organized foot I know how. It starts with your calendar, moves into your budget, moves into projects that will take more time, and then finally wraps up with an overall snapshot of all the key places that you want to be recording information that could be needed at any given time.
If you start off you New Year with a Household Notebook and a product like the DIY GO MOM! Planner, it will help you set your compass for a wonderfully organized year ahead. And you know what we always say, we are all about living a life generally well organized and exceptionally well loved.
Tell me ~ what are you doing to start off 2012 organized right now in December?
This post is part 4 of a 4 part series that references key resources and tools found in our very own DIY GO MOM! Planner. We invite you to check it out as you consider what planner works best for you. To make it easy to try, we are GIVING ONE AWAY!!!!
How can you enter?
1. Leave a comment letting us know your current planner and why it doesn’t work for you. All entries must include your correct email address in the event that you are selected.
2. Tweet “I’m Getting Organized for the New Year with @MyGOMOM and the DIY GO MOM! Planner”
3. Post back here with a link validating your tweet.
Contest runs Monday December 26, 2011 to Friday December 30, 2011. Winner will be drawn automatically by “And the Winner Is” and notified within 48 hours. GOOD LUCK!!