I”m here in Sam’s Club in Bentonville, Arkansas and I’ve had great day finding some awesome solutions for your holiday transition. What do I mean? Right about now your kids have transitioned from their Back to School shock and hopefully they are in a great routine. That means you can start to focus on all the special events that are sure to come their way like Halloween, Thanksgiving and more. So what’s a busy Mom to do? Make it Simple so you can be part of the memory making, not just facilitating. Here are some great ideas to help you do just that.
1. Football with Friends: If you need something fall focused, grab a couple bags of fresh apples and some carmel dip and you are all set.
2. Saturday Morning with Friends: Invite a friend over and keep a box of quick bread handy that has season pumpkin flavored quick bread along with a bag of your favorite Starbucks blend. If you decide to make something else, grab some McCormicks Spices Nutmeg, Cinnamon, and Vanilla, all things Fall and pumpkin pie right there!
3. Treats for School: When you need to bring something in but you can’t make something homemade, grab some fall themed lollipops that come in packages of 24, the likely number of children in a typical elementary school classroom.
4. Birthday Treats: When its time to send in a birthday treat, you can get adorable cupcakes at a great price that meet all the needs of your school birthday treat policy avoiding cakes that need knives.
5. Unexpected Guests: Does that stress you out like it does me? I want to be the Mom that says “Sure go ahead and stop by!” But I never seem to have just what I need. So hit the frozen food section now and grab some cream puffs, a cheesecake, and for that matter pick up some PF Changs Orange Chicken that will let you host Asian Takeout Night right at home. These are all ways that you can be that ready at the drop of a hat hostess that you really want to be when its all about fellowshi and fun.
6. Holiday Decor: You can make a huge impact on transforming your home with holiday decor by purchasing an ornament bucket and place all 100 of them out in your home with vases, hung with ribbon from chandeliers and lamp switches, and displayed in pretty bowls in every room.
7. Holiday Supplies: I love this wrapping paper that is double sided and huge making it sure to cover the largest toy boxes I’ll need to wrap. Being able to also find beautiful Hallmark Cards is also huge because knowing I can get these products here to stock up is awesome giving me my signature card and signature paper and I’m good to go.
8. Signature Gifts: Keep it easy on the budget this holiday season by looking for packages like this. It sells for about $20 and included are 5 different boxes of chocolates and you are at just $4 a gift. You can also do the same with the Holiday Ornament Bucket. At only $30 for 100 ornaments you are looking at less than $1 a gift.
These are just a few ways to help you save money and make your budget stretch throughout the upcoming holiday season and hopefully to take the pressure off so that when it finally gets here, you can enjoy all the season has to offer. Get your planner out…its coming! Tell me…
What are your best Stock Up Solutions for Holiday Fun?
Thanks so much for stopping by ~ we’ll see you next time!
Disclosure: This video is 1 of 3 in a series filmed for Sam’s Club as part of our Back At It Program partnership in 2010. All thoughts and opinions are entirely my own.
©2013 GO MOM! Inc. All rights reserved. To repost or publish, please email Molly.