Are you hosting holiday guests? There’s so much about the holiday season that is exciting, but if you’re hosting guests, it can be stressful and overwhelming…even for an organized hostess like me! Thanks to MomTrends for engaging me to share this timely campaign sponsored by Hampton Hotels, I’ve got some timely tips to make your role as the hostess much easier. Entertaining expert Jenny Steffens Hobick knows busy Moms want to enjoy every holiday moment even while they are hosting. That’s where “Hamptonality” can change your entire visit for the better. Whether staying at the local Hampton or with family and friends, “Hamptonality” is about creating lasting moments that everyone looks forward to around the holidays – reuniting with family, reminiscing about the past, and partaking in general holiday merriment!
Check out my favorite “Hamptonality” tips below. It was easy to love these because they are so in line with what I’ve always done. I promise if you follow them in the coming days you’ll find it much easier to create lasting memories for their guests and celebrate the most wonderful time of the year.
Do as much preparation in advance as you can. Plan menus around recipes that can be made ahead of time – freezer-friendly, one-dish meals like lasagna, or a hearty-braised beef stew are great options when serving a crowd. Run a supermarket sweep a few days before for toiletries. Do your own laundry before guests arrive, so that the washer and dryer can be available for them, if necessary. The ultimate holiday hosts know that being prepared is the absolute best way to make your guests feel welcome in your home because you can actually enjoy them while they are there!
Make Your Home “Help Yourself” Friendly
Guests oftentimes feel like they are “in the way,” so make sure that your home is “guest-friendly” before they arrive. Set up a refreshment center that is available to them daily – coffee in the mornings, bottles of water to take for the day, portable snacks to have at home or on the road, etc. Make a list of local area “hot spots” with their phone numbers and websites that they can easily reference and tack it on the refrigerator. Make a few sets of spare keys, so that people can easily come and go as they please. Basically, be their “at home” concierge.
Surprise Your Guests with Welcome Treats
Make sure you guests know how excited you are to have them for a visit by surprising them with a little treat when they arrive. Greet them with something personalized with their name on it, like a decorated sugar cookie or a festive welcome sign. When you stay at a Hampton Hotel, they take a similar approach, often adding a personal touch for a guest’s stay by offering a favorite local snack or fun local item when guests check in.
Be the Best Off-Site Host Ever
Let’s be honest. You love your friends and family, but cramming everyone into your house for days at a time can be stressful and add to your already lengthy holiday host to-do list! If you simply don’t have enough room to host all of your holiday guests or you just think everyone would be happier with their own, comfortable space, consider booking them at your local Hampton. With more than 1,900 locations, Hampton is the perfect place to stay no matter where your guests may be traveling from.
Plan a Night Out for the Adults
The holidays are really all about the kids, but it can be really nice for the adults to get some time for themselves, too. Hire a babysitter for the night for the children (or let the grandparents take over), so the parents can enjoy a special night out on the town. Everyone (even the kids!) will appreciate a night of freedom.
Plan Fun Games
The best memories over the holidays are when everyone is relaxing, laughing and having a great time. You can help orchestrate these moments by planning fun games in which everyone can participate. You can host an Ugly Sweater Contest, A Christmas Carol Sing-Off, or Gingerbread House Competition during one of your “at home happy hours.”
Celebrate Past Holidays
Another sure way to have everyone in stitches is to get out old home videos and pictures. Everyone will love reminiscing about past holidays… the bad clothes and questionable hair styles always make for great holiday conversation and laughs. Perhaps dig up some old holiday photos of your guests and use that as their “personal touch” when they arrive at your home for their stay.
A few details you might not realize about Hampton Hotels that could open your mind to an entirely new way to host holiday guest for the wonderful visit win:
- The Hampton Hotels brand, including Hampton Inn, Hampton Inn & Suites and Hampton by Hilton, is an award-winning leader in the mid-priced hotel segment, serving value-conscious and quality-driven travelers.
- With over 1,900 properties totaling more than 186,000 rooms in 14 countries and territories, Hampton Hotels is part of Hilton Worldwide, a leading global hospitality company.
- All Hampton hotels offer comfortable surroundings and a friendly service culture, defined as “Hamptonality,” delivered by over 50,000 Team Members and supported by the 100% Hampton Guarantee®, reinforcing its commitment to providing excellent service to both business and leisure travelers alike.
- High-quality and consistent accommodations and amenities, such as free Wi-Fi and free hot breakfast, and the latest technology and innovations, such as multi-unit Power Cubes and the brand’s signature Clean and Fresh Hampton Bed®, combined with numerous locations globally have made Hampton a leader in its segment and one of the fastest growing hotel brands worldwide.
- Website: – www.hampton.com.
- Connect with Hampton Hotels online at www.faceboook.com/Hampton, http://twitter.com/Hampton, +Hampton, http://www.instagram.com/Hamptonality or www.youtube.com/Hampton
Do you have guests coming to visit you this holiday season?
How will you handle the sleeping arrangements?
Why not treat them (and you) to a stay at a Hampton Hotel near you? With over 1,900 locations worldwide, there is bound to be a Hampton Hotel near you. And today is your lucky day! We are thrilled to offer a giveaway for one busy Mom to receive 1 night stay at a Hampton Hotel locations!
HOW TO ENTER:
1. Tweet me @MyGOMOM with your “Hamptonality” ~ what do you do to make your holiday guests feel right at home? Include #HamptonHolidays .
2. Post the link to your tweet here.
Giveaway is open until 11:59 pm east Friday, December 27, 2013. Winner will be drawn by random selection using “And the Winner Is”. Winner will receive a (1) night stay at a Hampton Hotel location. Hampton Hotels will mail each winner a “Be My Guest” card, which entitles the bearer to (1) free night stay at a Hampton location
I love having the opportunity to end the year blessing one of our readers with the gift of “Hamptonality” Thanks to much for stopping by and GOOD LUCK!
Disclaimer: Compensation was provided by Hampton Hotel via MomTrends. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions of Hampton or Momtrends.