Scheduling your family vacation around special events in the location you hope to be is just smart planning. When it comes to Disney Parks, this is when the vacation of your dreams even more magical than you can possibly imagine! This year, Disney Parks Special Events will include 7 new guest experiencesthat are sure to impress, spreading pixie dust across the world like never before! What does this mean for you? Now is the time to start planning your Disney Vacation and we’ll have a post to help you next week on just how to get started. It all begins with your schedule so as you look at the year ahead and the best times for your family to get away, take a look at all that is new and waiting for you to explore. Thanks to Walt Disney World Public Relations, Disneyland Resort Public Relations and Disney Parks News for this great overview!
1. Limited Time Magic!
Last month I was blessed to attend the New Fantasyland Media Event and there we heard from Disney Executive Meg Crofton about Limited Time Magic. Check out what she had to say and hear the Dapper Dans close!
Disney Parks guests will get an extra dash of pixie dust in 2013 with Limited Time Magic. Themed weekly surprises and special offers will surprise and delight Disney Parks guests with 52 weeks of the unexpected. In fact this week, its actually snowing in the Canada Pavillion in Epcot Center! Plans include everything from dance parties, new festivals and character meet and greets to culinary treats, special entertainment and commemorative keepsakes. The bicoastal offering — created to remind guests about the importance of family vacation time together — is full of unique, magical, memory-filled experiences – all available for a limited time only. Special experiences include Valentine’s week with enchanting dinners, or photo shoots with famous Disney character couples; a patriotic salute during July 4th week with red, white and blue lights adorning castles on both coasts and limited edition souvenirs; or the popular Dapper Dans barbershop quartet swapping their old-time melodies for surprise renditions of today’s boy band hits. Each Limited Time Magic offering will have a varying length from a day to a week to a season adding to the element of surprise. For more information about Limited Time Magic, guests should visit www.LimitedTimeMagic.com.
2. Disney Cruise Line Itineraries and Ports for 2014
Planning for a cruise often means planning into the next year ahead. The white sand beaches and azure waters of Castaway Cay, Disney’s private island, take center stage in the early half of 2014 voyages for Disney Cruise Line. With all four Disney ships sailing from Florida ports, not only will guests have more options to visit Castaway Cay, but they may combine their cruise with a visit to Walt Disney World Resort and experience the expanded Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom. In the early part of 2014, the Disney Magic will return to Port Canaveral, Fla., joining the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy, while the Disney Wonder will homeport in Miami. During this time, guests will have more opportunities than ever to enjoy a Disney cruise that visits Disney’s private island in the Bahamas reserved exclusively for Disney Cruise Line guests, Castaway Cay. To learn more about Disney Cruise Line or to book a vacation, guests can visit http://www.disneycruise.com, call Disney Cruise Line at 888-325-2500 or contact their travel agent.
3. Senses ~ A Disney Spa at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort This one is just for me! I’m always trying to convince my husband that there is so much more to the Walt Disney World Resorts than we have yet to see. The just-opened Senses – A Disney Spa at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resortwelcomes Walt Disney World Resort guests to renew and rejuvenate in 2013. The newly-remodeled spa, owned and operated by Disney, blends Grand Floridian Victorian elegance with modern touches – plus a dash of Disney whimsy. We were blessed to stay at The Grand Floridian during the 2011 Disney Social Media Moms Celebration and it is a very special place that would be wonderful to visit sans kids too. The ultimate relaxation experience – flavorful and soothing elixirs, color variations in lighting and Disney orchestral music harmonize with the treatment selected. Spa-goers indulge in the spa’s relax, renew, or imagine themes aimed at creating a custom experience. Fifteen treatment rooms offer pampering services such as water therapy, sugar exfoliation body treatment, rejuvenating citrus facial, a restorative hand and foot ritual with Chinese Jasmine oils. Lounges, whirlpools and treatment rooms all provide rejuvenation through the healing nature of Florida citrus and botanicals. The new menu of services also includes a signature 80-minute Grand Floridian treatment featuring a special aromatherapy massage. Guests can learn more by visiting www.disneyworld.com/spas.
4. More New Fantasyland in 2013! For most little girls, getting to dress like your favorite princessand then actually meet her has to be the highlight of their Disney Vacation. On top of the flurry of those December 2012 special events to celebrate so the grand openings in the expanded New Fantasyland, 2013 sees another new addition to the pixie-dusted lineup. Disney princesses including Cinderella, Tiana and Rapunzel will have a new home for meeting their loyal subjects when Princess Fairytale Hall opens in 2013 in the shadows of Cinderella Castle. The castle-like entrance will feature walls of stone and stained glass windows leading to a large, high-ceilinged room where portraits of the princesses adorn the walls. When summoned, Magic Kingdom guests will proceed to elegantly furnished chambers to meet the princesses. Another coming attraction, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train — a first-of-its-kind coaster with ride vehicles that swing back and forth — makes its debut in spring 2014. Keep an eye out for a future post about this wonderful ride featuring Disney Imagineers ~ talk about a dream job!
5. Bernard and Shirley Kinsey Collection, Epcot 2013! The American story of determination, courage, hope, struggle and inspiration will be told through more than 40 pieces of art, artifacts, books sculptures and documents on display at Epcot. The American Adventure Pavilion will be home to the Kinsey’s personal treasures of African-American art and history, amassed from their travels to 90 countries with some works dating to the 17th century. The Kinsey Collection is the intersection where art and history meet, a virtual history book opened wide, giving voice to untold stories of accomplishment and contribution. After previews during African-American Heritage Month in February, the Kinsey Collection is scheduled to open in March 2013. The Kinsey Collection, at the American Heritage Gallery, will be included in Epcot admission.
6. The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow Disney’s Hollywood StudiosPirates of the Caribbean: The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow is a new experience now on view at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, giving Walt Disney World Resort guests a chance to become immersed in the action and adventure of the four “Pirates of the Caribbean” films. Aspiring buccaneers journey deep into an eerie lost grotto, where a mysterious pirate skull puts them to the test to see if they have what it takes to set sail with Captain Jack’s crew. Along the way, they must face all the perils of a pirate’s life as their favorite moments from the films come to life. State-of-the-art technology brings the pirate’s life to guests, including an epic ship-to-ship battle. The attraction is included with theme park admission and is located in Soundstage 4 near Pixar Place.
7. ESPN Wide World of Sports Drew Brees Passing Academy If you are a parent of an athlete, chances are at some point you may have been a Team Mom planning a tournament at ESPN Wide World of Sports. This year the experience gets personal with the addition of the The Drew Brees Passing Academy and Tournament, a four-day football camp and 7-on-7 event for high school players, makes its debut at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, June 27-30, 2013. Brees, the New Orleans Saints’ All-Pro quarterback, and other NFL stars will provide insider tips and hands-on training on the art of the passing game as well as offer three days of highly-competitive 7-on-7 competition. For more information go towww.ksaevents.netAnd believe me when I tell you, this is just the beginning. Most every week this year we’ll bring you something special about Disney Parks and your organized travel and would love to know…
Are you planning a family vacation to Disney Parks this year? What will your family be looking for?
Thanks so much for stopping by ~ we’ll see you next time! Molly
Disclosure: Special thanks to Disney Public Relations and Social Media for inviting me to attend the New Fantasyland Media Event. I was not asked to post at any time. As a WDW College Program Alum and lifelong fan of the brand, I can’t help but share ~ all magical opinions are entirely my own.